1. Introduction. FGEI is one of the largest education system in Cantts and Garrisons, providing quality education to over 182,000 x students through 11272 x faculty/staff. It is managing its schools and colleges through 12 x Regional Offices spreading all over the country. FGEIs are endeavoring to improve the educational quality as envisaged by the Secretary Defence, COAS and IGT&E.
2. Vision. To transform the FGEIs network into one of the best educational systems of the country.
3. Mission. To provide purposeful and quality education to the wards of Armed Forces personnel as well as of civilians, residing in cantonments / garrisons throughout the country, by nurturing fine citizens’ skills among the students and providing them healthy educational environment, so as to make them useful members of the society.
4. Motto. Learn to lead.
5. Core Values. The core values are:-
- Instilling in the students moral, social and national values so as to help them becoming good human beings and patriotic Pakistanis.
- Grooming them to be educationally sound to adjust as effective and productive members of the society.
- Making the students physically and mentally robust by providing them with the facilities of sports and co-curricular activities.
- Realizing the fact that in FGEIs children generally come from the lower social strata of the society thus, deserve utmost care in their nurturing.
- FUNCTIONS OF TRAINING, MONITORING & EVALUATION BRANCH
- As per instrs of IGT&E, FGEI (C/G) estb its Training, Monitoring & Evaluation Branch at Dte lvl in July 2014, with its 11 x Training 2019-05-24Secs at Regional lvl and 27 x Resource Centres (RCs) in Regions. Following are the objectives of Trg Monitoring & Eval Br:-
- Assess the training needs of all cadres incl Principals/ Faculty of schools, colleges, non-teaching staff, then design and arrange purposeful training progms accordingly.
- Plan the short term / long term courses / workshops / seminars / special lectures to address the trg needs of all the cadres.
- Implement the approved policies/ progms through Regional Coord Trg, Monitoring and Eval secs in the Region.
- Dev & implement a continuous Academic Monitoring and Eval sys.
- Monitor all trg progms and provide feedback / analysis.
- Carrying out Action Research in the problem areas and suggest solutions to the mgmt.
- Interacting with NGOs, National Educational Organizations & collaboration with Public Sector Unis for seeking help in professional trg matters & resource persons.
- Assessing the impact of training on Academic Results, grooming of students, grooming of teachers, etc.