Brief History of Lahore Region
Regional Office Lahore was established in a rented building in 1975, even before the birth of FGEI system, and was responsible for an overstretched area including institutions at Mangla, Sialkot, Sargodha, Multan and Bahawalpur. Later with the establishment of Multan, Gujranwala, Kharian and Bahawalpur regions its area of responsibility was reduced to the Institutions in Chunian and Lahore only. The Region is now managing a Degree College and 23 schools of Lahore out of which two schools are located at Chunian. Institutions of Lahore Region have very good record of academic results. In 2013, the students of Lahore Region won 9 scholarships in Middle and 5 scholarships in Primary Standard Scholarship Exams. FG Boys High School No.1, Lahore Cantt, the oldest institution of the Region, was established as Arya Dharam Primary School in 1920. The school was upgraded to secondary level in 1983. Another old institution of the region is FG Abid Majeed High School RA Bazar, Lahore Cantt which was established in 1924 as Cantonment Board Primary School and later upgraded to secondary level. Some of the alumni of our institutions include Maj Gen Shoukat Sultan, Maj Gen Azmat Hayat, Mr. Ehsan Janjua (Executive Manager Walls), Prof Muhammad Ismail (LUMS) and Mr. Khalid Mahmood (Hockey Player).